Research has shown that changes in hormones (e.g. during puberty or pregnancy) can contribute to the reason why some people have more trouble with acne than others. The list below provides a few tips on how to prevent future breakouts:
- Cleanse, cleanse, cleanse. We've heard it before, but it's imperative for healthy skin to be properly cleansed before going to bed. Keep your Purifying Cleansing Wipes on your nightstand, to ensure you are always ready to cleanse before bed, even if it's late and you are feeling exhausted.
- We know it's tempting, but try not to squeeze! Squeezing pimples can seriously damage the underlying tissue and thus cause inflammation. Spending less time in front of the mirror helps fight the temptation of squeezing!
- If you find your skin is producing an excessive amount of oil over night make sure you change your pillowcase frequently.
- Get your blood pumping! Blood circulation is increased during exercise which washes out toxins from your skin. Take a hot shower after exercise and even if you don't wash your hair make sure you thoroughly clense your face and hairline using a facial wash or wipe.
- Try to relax - stress can encourage the sebaceous glands in our skin to produce more oil, the main cause of clogged pores which result in acne.