Sootha™ Children's Cough Syrup is a pleasant tasting, soothing, homeopathic remedy for the natural relief of coughs. It contains a 6c homeopathic potency of natural Bryonia, along with purified honey and zesty lemon juice.
Nelsons Sootha Children's Cough Syrup is non-drowsy so it can be taken any time. Free from artificial colourings, flavourings and alcohol. Suitable for babies from 12 months onwards.
One 5ml measure 3 times per day (it is recommended that the last dose is taken at bedtime when the cough may be more troublesome).
Do not exceed the stated dose.
If symptoms worsen or persist or if your are concerned about any symptoms your child experiences consult your doctor.
This product contains sorbitol. If you have been advised by your doctor that your child has an intolerance to some sugars, talk to you doctor before using this medicine.
The methylparaben in this medicine may cause an allergic reaction (possibly delayed).
6c homeopathic potency of Bryonia dioica with natural honey, sorbitol (E420), water, lemon juice, methylparaben (E218).
Keep all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Do not store above 25°C
Our FAQ section should hopefully answer any questions that you have about Nelsons Sootha Children's Cough Syrup. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions.
- Is Nelsons Sootha Children's Cough Syrup safe for babies under 12 months of age?
- Nelsons Sootha Children’s Cough Syrup contains honey which is not recommended for children under 12 months of age.
Honey can contain spores of a bacterium called Clostridium botulinum, which can germinate in a baby's immature digestive system causing infant botulism.
Please note: we take extra precautions to maximise the quality of the honey used in the production of Sootha by incorporating quality processes such as heat pasteurisation and a variety of other quality tests in accordance with EU standards. Do not give Sootha to children below the age of 12 months.
- Can Nelsons Sootha Children's Cough Syrup be taken with any other medicines?
- As with all medicines we would suggest that you check with your pharmacist before taking Nelsons Sootha Children's Cough Syrup with any other medicines.
- What is the active ingredient in Nelsons Sootha Children's Cough Syrup?
- The active ingredient is 6c homeopathic potency of Bryonia.
- What is homeopathy?
- Homeopathy is a system of complementary medicine and is suitable for the whole family. In its most basic form, homeopathy is the treatment of a condition with a substance which, when taken by a healthy person, would produce symptoms similar to those shown in the person who is ill. Homeopathy views any symptoms as the body's natural reaction to combat the illness and looks to stimulate rather than suppress the reaction. Homeopathy therefore essentially assists the body to regain positive health by stimulating its own natural forces of recovery.
I bought Nelsons Sootha after
my little one picked up a cough this winter. He had no problems taking the syrup
(he even seemed to like it!) and I certainly think it eased his cough, my
partner and I both noticed an improvement within a few days of him taking it! (Julia, Westbury-on-Trym)