As the saying goes ‘no pain no gain!’ and although we want to make those gym sessions pay off on our bums and tums, we don’t want to be feeling this the next day with tired limbs.
Of course, we all know we need to warm up before exercise and cool down afterwards, but if you do find yourself feeling the twinge of tired limbs, Nelsons® arnicare® Arnica Cooling Gel is the ideal companion. Massage into muscles to refresh and revive your body.
- Listen to your body: give your limbs time to get used to being active and try not to put so much pressure on them all at once. Everybody has their own limits of how much intensity their bodies can handle. Listen to your body, and challenge it at the right level.
- Warm up and stretch before you workout: It is important to stretch all parts of the body's major muscle groups before and also after your workout.
- Rest. One of the best ways to get rid of muscle tiredness is to simply wait it out and allow yourself time to recover.
- Get enough protein in your diet throughout the day. Protein contributes to a growth and maintenance of muscle mass. Eat lean proteins such as chicken, fish, turkey, soya, tofu, and egg whites as they are some of the most high sources of protein.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking enough water throughout the day is important as it helps eliminate toxins and waste in the body. Try to drink at least 2 litres every day.