HELP STOP THOSE SNIFFLES!
Don’t let a cold ruin your winter wonderland!
As the winter nights draw in and our days become shorter and colder, it’s not at all doom and gloom as there is plenty to look forward to! Think cosy nights on the sofa surrounded by candlelight, winter knits, bonfire night, crisp mornings, hot water bottles, mulled wine and Christmas to name a few positives! However, a nip in the air also signals the start of the cold and flu season, which many Brits will be striving to avoid over the winter months.
According to research during the average lifetime each of us will suffer from around 200 colds – lasting on average nine days each – which works out a staggering five years of suffering from the symptoms[i]. And although colds are not considered a serious ailment the congestion, coughing, headaches and sore throats can certainly leave us feeling rotten, with 57% of workers admitting that it even affects their performance at work[ii].
If you catch a cold this winter and are looking for a natural healthcare option to help relieve the symptoms then Nelsons® Coldenza® may fit the bill. Nelsons® Coldenza® is a homeopathic remedy specifically designed to help bring gentle and soothing relief for the symptoms of cold and flu. It contains a 6c homeopathic potency of natural Gelsemium, is non-drowsy and suitable for all the family#.
Nelsons gives the below tips to help relieve the symptoms of a cold so you can get back to enjoying the winter months.
1) Make sure you get lots of rest. Resting when you come down with a cold helps your body to recover from the symptoms of a cold so make sure you help yourself!
2) Take action to try to and relieve the symptoms. If you have a sore throat then try gargling a tea spoon of salt in luke warm water can help bring relief. Have a cough? Make a drink with hot water, lemon and a teaspoon of honey which could help loosen mucus and give you some vitamin c!
3) Drink plenty of liquids to keep yourself hydrated.
4) Make some chicken soup – there is some evidence that suggests that this comforting food may help with colds, but if nothing else the warm liquid can often soothe a sore throat and keep your fluids topped up.
5) Try an OTC remedy such as Nelsons® Coldenza® to help bring gentle and soothing relief from the symptoms of a cold
#Always read the label
Nelsons® Coldenza® is available from Boots, Holland and Barrett, selected Lloyds pharmacies and all good independent healthfood and pharmacy stores or online at www.nelsonshomeopathy.com. £5.51 for 72 tablets.