DON'T COOL OFF ON YOUR WINTER WORKOUTS THIS YEAR
Make the most of the outdoors this winter the these top tips from Nelsons arnicare®
Keeping fit during the winter months can be a real chore. With dark mornings, slippery pavements and sub-zero temperatures it can be far more tempting to curl up on the sofa for a night in rather than embrace the wind and rain. But with around 15.6million of us now exercising at least once a week, how can we make sure we keep this up during the winter months[i]?
Motivation is key and with these top tips from Nelsons arnicare® Arnica Cooling Gel you’ll be up and running and ready to take on the outdoors in no time!
- Firstly, be positive! There are many benefits to working out in the winter, including a naturally faster metabolism as your body helps to keep you warm.
- Secondly, layer up. Layering is key for maintaining body temperature during training. Make sure layers are breathable so they trap heat rather than sweat which can reduce the insulating capacities of your clothes.
- Protect your extremities. Don’t forget to keep your hands and feet protected. You can leak around 30% of your body heat through extremities, so make sure you have some gloves to hand[ii].
- Get warm. The body takes longer to warm up in winter so include a proper warm up and cool down into your routine. Bring your cooling down stretches indoors to avoid the body getting too cold. Nelsons arnicare Arnica Cooling Gel is ideal for massaging into tired and over-worked legs, to help revive them and get you ready for the next session.
- And if you really can’t face the outdoors this winter, try an exciting new gym class, partner up with an exercise buddy or invest in an exercise DVD and exercise from the comfort of your living room!
Specially formulated, Nelsons arnicare Arnica Cooling Gel is non-greasy and easily absorbed by the skin, combining the natural benefits of arnica with the refreshing sensation of grapefruit oil and menthol to cool and soothe the skin.
Nelsons arnicare Arnica Cooling Gel is priced at £5.15 for 30g and is available from Boots, Holland and Barrett, pharmacies and health food stores nationwide. Visit www.arnicare.co.uk for more information.