RUNNING ON EMPTY THOUGHTS?
Running fatigue can be caused by a number of preventable factors. Feeling low on energy whilst running is not always a physical problem, it can also be down to negative mental thoughts.[i] With the London Marathon taking place in just under two week’s time, keep this checklist in mind for a positive run:
- Learn the route and visualise the race so you’re not concerned about where you are on the course. It is also worth remembering where the big landmarks and the water stops.
- Don’t let other people’s training stories psyche you out at the start line.
- Run your own marathon – don’t worry when other people pass you. They may be starting out too fast. Run at the pace you’re comfortable with, you may pass them walking in a couple of miles!
- Avoid boredom by keeping your mind occupied, listen to songs, play games or chat to fellow runners.
- Try not to let negative thoughts creep in. When you lack motivation, try unleashing the positive potential of Bach™ Original Flower Remedy Hornbeam, or Olive for when you feel tired after making an effort.
From the makers of RESCUE®, the system of 38 flower essences can help us rediscover the positive side of ourselves and lead emotionally healthy lives. They are the original flower essences, produced according to Dr Bach’s traditional methods, which date back over 75 years, and many of the plants used originate from the Bach Centre garden in rural Oxfordshire. Suitable for all the family.
Available from Holland & Barrett, most independent pharmacy, health food stores and www.boots.com or www.amazon.co.uk, RRP £6.65. For more information, visit www.bachremedies.co.uk.