Spatone's iron rich water comes from Snowdonia in Wales and is collected at the Trefriw Wells Spa. It is believed that the Spa was first discovered by Romans from the XX Roman legion stationed at Canovium, 3 miles north of Trefriw. In about 1874 a Victorian bath and pump house was built and for the first time the water was sold to the public.
After a period in disrepair, the Spa was restored in 1972 and opened to the public once again. Nelsons acquired the Spatone business in 2002. Find out all about the Spatone spa by visiting our 'Source of Spatone' page.